Wednesday 8 September 2010

LSNED 8th September

Today's prompt from Shimelle asks us to think about transient things. It's pretty late to get the prompt (for Shimelle) so I've already been for the morning walk with the dog and the camera. I took this photo of some holly berries because I've never noticed that they appear on the tree in September, albeit not in the winter red that we're accustomed to, but there nonetheless. It was a coincidence then that Shimelle talks about seasons being transient.
We do usually enjoy some fine weather in September and the Mum's, having regained some freedom having sent the kiddies back to school, can catch a few moments breath with a book in the back garden sunshine. Not so this year. It's almost cold enough to put the heating on for an hour in the evening to take the chill off so we have definitely entered Autumn. In fact, now that I think about it, we changed Connor's daily chart to Autumn just this morning. Every day (or every day that Connor wants to) we change the weather, time and date on Connor's big Velcro assisted wall hanging. He gets frustrated that he has to leave the arrow pointing to 'Summer' 'Autumn' 'Winter' or 'Spring' for so long and was delighted this morning when I announced that yes, it's autumn! Huh. So various Autumn related lessons have been learnt and it's not even 10.30am!!

I was thinking about the passing of time as I did this LO and this circular paper from 'Little Yellow Bicycle' grabbed me. I added some Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses paper and K&Company paper and some large lace in layers before applying the photos. I cut holly leaves out of some scrap paper and used red buttons for berries. The lettering is Maya Road from Bubby Funk (staz on dabbed on) and Websters storytellers. I added the staz on to the Maya Road after the first technique I tried failed and managed to touch the photo with the ink pad so then had to add three October afternoon stickers to cover it up ;) The thread running along the top are Basic Grey.

No comments: