Sunday 5 September 2010

LSNED 5th September

Today's prompt from Shimelle for LSNED is all about time. At the start of the summer holidays when I had 6 weeks stretching ahead of me I thought I had all the time in the world to write the scheme of work for Year 8, get my head around the new schemes we're teaching this year, and that there was no rush to do anything school related. Tomorrow I return to school having looked at nothing and done nothing. In my defence I've had sciatica for the last three weeks, but that doesn't excuse not having done anything for the first three weeks of the holidays I know. Trouble is, now I know that I'll be playing catch up all term and I'll get to Christmas and think- 'why didn't I do some work over the summer?' How can I be so sure about this??? Because it's the same every year (minus the sciatica!). So my lesson learnt is to do the work at the start of the holidays and get it out of the way so that I don't face the new term feeling unprepared.
I've used the 'Make and Create Shop' September back to school kit for this LO. Love it and what great value for money!!

No comments: