Tuesday 28 June 2011

Scrap Factor Week 11 Back to the Future

So I've been knocked out of Scrap Factor and it's time to say thank you so much for everyone who has supported me and voted for my layouts over the last ten weeks. I really appreciated it :)

Week 11's challenge on Scrap Factor was to rescrap a photo that you'd scrapped before.



This baby photo is me at about six months old. I first scrapped it a couple of years ago for a weekly challenge based on a sketch. When I looked through my old LOs this one really stood out as needing to be redone.

Having decided that I was going to go for the ultra pretty Crate Paper Emma's Shoppe Collection papers, I really struggled to decide what the main colours should be for this LO. I sometimes get some dulux colour chart strips out to help me and I decided that the green was a good contrast for the floral design of 'Emma's Shoppe- fabric' I even decided to use the palette on the LO. I bought a whole set of the wonderful calendar papers from KI Memories and the green one was perfect for the LO.

The focus of the design was UTEE embellishments and some more paper flowers. I used three techniques for the UTEE. The first was pouring a thin layers on a heat resistant mat and then pushing leaf cookie cutters in to it to cut leaves. The second was pouring the UTEE on to the mat in swirls. And the third was pouring it in to a mould to create a yellow flower.

Supplies:
Crate Paper 'Emma's Shoppe Collection'- 'Playhouse', 'Dresses' and 'Fabric'
KI Memories Leafy Calendar
Prima Softees Annabel
UTEE Brightz 'Green Zinnia' and 'Sunflower'
Etsy rose mould
October Afternoon 5&dime word stickers
Dulux green paint strip
Acrylic paint
Doodlebug Loopy lou Ladybird
American Crafts thickers sunrise
Zoophabetz safety pin
Making Memories coloured staples
Martha Stewart butterfly punch

1 comment:

SueC said...

Where are you? Don't be downhearted - there's lots of us out here who like your work.
Sue x