Monday 6 June 2011

Scrap Factor Week 7




Week 7 was a sketch challenge on Scrap Factor. I love a sketch! I love that you can start with one sketch and get so many variations on it. The sketch was a bit too overcrowded for me and Like a bit more white space than it allowed for so I used just one column of circles, which are cut from burlap. I used a Martha Stewart butterfly punch to add some butterflies to the circles and hand stiched a swirl. To emulate the shaded area on the sketch I used acrylic paint with a really big brush to get some nice wide strokes. And rather than using three embellishments I made five bluebells, which I hung from some rolled paper to look like a stem. All the elements are there, just in different numbers and a slightly different arrangement.




Supplies:

We R Memory Keepers 'Vintage Blue- Just Dandy'

Crate Paper 'Toy Box Collection - Games'

Acrylic paint

Bazzill Dotted Swiss Cardstock- Neptune

Martha Stewart 3-in-1 butterfly

Embroidery thread

Burlap

Doodlebug mini alpha rub ons

American Crafts thickers

1 comment:

Rachel Brett said...

This is gorgeous Rebekah, I like the hand stitching detail. It was so nice to meet you on Saturday, I finished my flowers and love the effect! :)