Thursday 3 March 2011

Blueprint memories

Each month the ScrapaGoGo team put together a Blueprint to Go. This is a sketch designed from a LO we've loved the month before. Next to the sketch is the colour scheme of the kit so that even non subscribers can play along and use similar colours if they'd like to. And here is my take on the sketch- 'Memories on loan':
My Grandad wrote his memoirs a few years ago. I have been reading it recently and he mentions a day when he watched my Nan and her niece feeding the ducks on a peaceful morning. I recognised the photo as one that he had on his wall of his nursing home and when he died at the beginning of the month I made sure that I got a copy of it.

The original is black and white but the photo looked better in sepia with these lovely yellow elements of the kit.

Between the dolies and the ribbon I inked over the doilies to create an inked pattern. I also cut the letters out of the hybrid alpha to create the squares for the blueprint.




If you'd like to see the February Blueprint creations then why not check out the gallery at the Clubhouse now?

Supplies:
March Kit 'What a Picture'
Create
Basic Grey Wander Doilies Runway
Basic Grey Wander Travel Size
Jillibean Soup Pasta Fagioli Journalling Srouts
May Arts Ribbon Satin Beige (18")
G2P
Jillibean Soup Beanstalks Yellow Orange Bakers Twine
Get more card
Bazzill Cardstock Bazzill White

2 comments:

Allycat x said...

Fabulous LO and a lovely memory to keep :)
x

voodoo vixen said...

What a fabulous photograph to have and I love it in the sepia tones for this LO - lovely work as always Rebekah!!