Tuesday 1 March 2011

Ssssh, whisper!

In amidst all this March goodness I've been working on my Chinese Whispers using the February kit. Group One was a LO from fellow ScrapaGoGo teamie Nicola. She'd lifted a stunning butterfly covered LO with photos of Lulu using the January kit 'Elementary my dear'. I think it's a lot of fun to see how each LO changes as the kits change so I used the February kit 'Happiness is' for my lift. I started with some acrylic paints (red, blue & white), which I splodged on the top third of the LO directly from the bottle in big dollops. I then laid a piece of cardstock over the top and put pressure on it so that the paint squidged and merged (like when you're making butterflies in preschool!). I'd seen a lovely LO in Scrapbook Magazine where the designer had wrapped threads around a frame and it looked fab so I cut a frame from my pizza box and painted it black before wrapping the floss around it and sticking it on top of the acrylic paint. The circles are cut out using two different sizes of circles and layered on top of each other using foam squares. Finally I cut the title from the hybrid alphas sheet. The photos of Connor were taken at the park where there is a graffiti wall for the kids to play with. It's supposed to cut down on the amount of graffiti else where and for the most part it works in our town. I love how it changes so regularly and the colours matched what Connor was wearing that day beautifully. Supplies: ScrapaGoGo February Kit: Create Cosmo Cricket Togetherness Birds Of A Feather Cosmo Cricket Togetherness Reunion October Afternoon Modern Home Maker Flour Sack Bazzill Cardstock Classic Yellow Green We Are Memory Keepers Sew Easy Aqua Floss Hybrids Acrylic paints Glimmer mist graphite

3 comments:

Debbie H said...

Your lift is great - as is Nicolas original. Need to get mine finished today!

Karen H said...

Wow ... love your take on this as much as I love Nicola's original!

Allycat x said...

And the colours match the GoGo kit so perfectly too!

Love both these LOs - don't think I could choose a fav between the two, so I may just have to lift both!!! LOL