Thursday 19 November 2009

SLYMI: Week 46 Scrap a Thank You

Last Friday was Friday 13th. I'm not superstitious and I'll happily umbrella indoors if it saves me getting even a single drop of water on my straighened hair as I leave the house but as Friday's go the 13th was a pretty bad one. Everything went wrong. Mostly it was little things and things that could be mended pretty quickly but they added up to a whole pile of Friday 13th misery. The final straw was coming in from taking Connor swimming to find that my dishwasher had emptied its stinking dirty waste water via the sink, which had been blocked beyond unblocking with sink unblocker, and this dirty stinking water was now all over the kitchen surfaces and floor and in my under-the-sink-cupboard. So when Tony rang me shortly afterwards he got the brunt of my moaning- bless him. I was gobsmacked when he rang back a little while later to say that he'd been thinking of sending me flowers to cheer me up, but instead he was sending me a plumber and I wasn't to give the plumber. I was totally speechless and if you know me then you'll know that that doesn't happen very often. What a sweetheart! The plumber was there within half an hour and had unblocked the sink and gone (without accepting a penny as it was already taken care of) in another 10 minutes. So that's something I wanted to say thank you for in this LO- 'Sending flowers? That's so yesterday'.
I used a tonne of rub ons and stickers (my 'thing' at the moment) and this gorgeous Prima daisy vine that I bought at the Hobbycraft show at the SEC in Glasgow last month and I love how it came out. Oh, I should also mention that it's a scraplift from Wingus over on UKS. I've joined a scraplift CJ where we scraplift a picture and then email it around, but we get to keep the LO- which is cool and so this is my first entry for that. Winnie's LO is here. Such cute photos. Thanks for letting me lift it Winnie.

Supplies:
Cosmo Cricket papers from Earth love range available from Indigo Mill
KI Memories glitter lace cardstock 'Memories'
Ducks in a row label stickers
heidi Swapp verb stickers
Fontwerks blue labels
October Afternoon Cardstock stickers 'weathervane'
7 gypsies 97% complete stickers 'Retails therapy'
October Afternoon Cherry Hill cardstock stickers
Scenic route rub ons
October Afternoon 'everyday basics' rub ons
daisy ds 'Snapshots' rub ons
7 gypsies Photos rub ons
7 gypsies 'Year' 97% complete
MM shimmer min alpha metro
Prima flowers Petite fleur vive daisy
Heidi Swapp days journalling spots
Lace from Angel Crafts

3 comments:

Sian said...

Lovely story. The pops of yellow withe the yellow phone book make a really lovely page.

Tony said...

It was the very least i could do ! Your amazing,love the LO xxx

Deanne said...

just played catch up on your blog, and er like wow, i adore your style, its beautiful :) xxx