Saturday 14 November 2009

Cybercrop Creations

Last night at 7pm the Cybercrop started with a LO challenge- We're Off to See the Wizard. Connor wasn't in bed so I had to play catch up on that one. The challenge was to use a sketch to complete a travel related layout using one of the page maps attached to help you travel the yellow brick road towards Oz. This is a LO from my trip to Scotland.
The journalling reads;

She said 'It always rains in Scotland'/He said 'No it doesn't. You'll see'

Supplies:
Cardstock
Around the block 'Party Time'
My Mind's Eye 'Daily Dose- Weather watch'
Prima Jewel Box Butterflies Amethyst
Prima SIIP Swirls Black
Prima Velvet Heirloom Ross Lvs Meadow
Prima Fleur Danseur Releve
Lace from Hobbycraft
Stayz on black

At 8pm there was the first class of the 'Wicked CC'. Billed as a class using fabric, sewing and paper technique to suit any type of photo, Twister & Shout by Taniwha & PaperArts, this LO class was fab. The only problem was that I forgot to do what I'd told myself to do at the start of the class and reverse Rachel's LO so that Tony was looking away from the rolls- doh! I'll get over it. Eventually.Supplies:
Cardstock
Holey cardstock from CTM
Cosmo Cricket, Snorkel ‘Borders, Carbonation, Umberella
Ribbon from stash
Prima Green vine

The 9pm Challenge 'Dorothy' was another layout challenge. And it was another one I really enjoyed doing. The brief was 'Complete a layout about people that are important to you, what makes a friend, different types of friends, etc, and ensure you include some gingham ribbon somewhere on the page!' Connor has had me laughing out loud this week three times and I was determined to scrap the funny things he says. So here is my challenge piece. It's also my SLYMI week 45- Scrap something that you want to remember, remember.Supplies:

Sassafras lass Felties ‘Silly Monster’
Prima alphabets
My Mind’s Eye Daily Dose
Ticket from Indigo Mill
Sassafras Jungle Bungle Stickers
Sassafras lass flowers
Sassafras lass pp Mostrosity range from Indigo Mill
Making Memories ‘I love you’ ribbon
Bazill basics cardstock
Gingham ribbon from Hobbycraft

The 10pm Class was' Over the Rainbow' by Ifa. This was the class that my fellow UKS friends and I decided to do a kit swap for. Leigh prepared my kit for me and I had great fun with this LO. I recorded another of the conversations I've had with Connor this week and the journalling reads 'We were discussing the fact that you were born into a birthing pool'. I didn't have the photo to go in so that was my job for first thing this morning. Luckily Connor woke up on the right side of the bed :)Supplies:
Dymo junior
Prima Alphabets Black
Fancy Pants Rub ons- Holly Jolly
October Afternoon Rub on- Everyday basics
Kelly Panacci Rub on PKSCBT13
Staz on
Autumn Leaves Journalling stamp
Ribbon from Leigh
K&Co Cuddly Friends Chenille Blue Stripe pp

The 11pm Challenge, 'Ruby Slippers', asked us to make a sparkly title to use later in the weekend. I wasn't sure when I'd use it, so I left it for now and will review later today.

3 comments:

Tony said...

they all look amazing !! i give you 20,000points x

Ifa said...

I didn't realise you did this from a swapped kit, it is amazing! I love the fun, cutesy feel to this.

Rebekah said...

In the end Ifa we ran out of time so we just swapped ribbons and the small bit of paper for behind the circle. I loved the colours that Leigh had sent me and the dotty paper seemed to go well with the stripey blue paper so that's what I went for. This LO was one of my favourtie of the weekend.