Sunday 15 November 2009

Cybercrop Saturday update

The Cybercrop continued yesterday with an 8am Challenge: 'Scarecrow'. This one had the brief 'Poor scarecrow is going to lose his stuffing! Help him out by sewing on a layout depicting something you’re proud to have achieved'. I cheated a little with this one and used a photo that I'm proud of. I took it when we were playing with our cameras in Scotland and I was really pleased with the composition and the fact that the cow was looking at the camera since we were there for about half an hour trying to get them to do that. I had planned to rub some images on, but when I peeled them off their backing half the image was left on the paper. So instead I printed the image on to the safmat (available from Indigo Mill) and stuck it directly on to the page. Then I stuck the beads on with glossy accents and hand sewed the buds on. Supplies:
My Mind's Eye Bloom and Grow 'Checking out'
Basic Grey Ambrosia paper
American Crafts Thickers 'Glass Slippers'
October Afternoon 'Weathervane' stickers
Prima alphabet
Doodlebug rub on mini alpha
Hobbycraft lace
Safmat
Embroidery thread
Beads
Adorn it Carolee's Creations Tiny etched

There was another 8am photo challenge but I'm not going to share that, because I really do look like a scarecrow in it ;)

The next class/challenge I wanted to try my hand at was the 11am Challenge: Lion a layout challenge. This one said 'use felt or fabric on a layout about an event/person that took/has courage'. So I used a photo I took last week of Connor at his first appointment with the dentist, being such a brave boy and used Sassafras lass felties 'Silly Monsters' from Indigo Mill.


Supplies:
October Afternoon- Hometown 'Norm's News
'Tim Holtz Journaling tickets and Adage tickets
Prima alphabets
Sassafras lass felties 'Silly Monsters'
Sassafras lass brads 'b is for bugs'
Jenni Bowlin Calendar
MM shimmer stickers
MM shimmer alpha
Thickers Cream Soda
Bo Bunny rub on 'Gardenia'

The 1pm class was one that I awaited in anticipation. I love Shimelle's work and I enjoyed 'Take No Notice of the Man behind the Curtain' by Shimelle. This one had loads of layered paper and hidden places. There's an envelope behind the photo and the photo is stuck on a piece of folded cardstock that opens to reveal more photos and journalling. Supplies:
Various pp from Leigh's stash
MM Journaling Tags Passport
Chipboard heart (Bubbly funk)
October Afternoon sticker from 'Road Map'
Maya Road rub ons 'Airmail'
Ticket from Indigo Mill
Ribbons from stash
Brads from stash
The 2pm Challenge was a Tin Man layout challenge that had to include metal and hearts. Here is my LO 'Romance: alive and well'.


Supplies:

Fancy Pants Splendid 'I'm Yours'
Cardstock
MM friends ribbon collection 'cherish'
Doodlebug sugar coating
Bo Bunny rub ons 'Doodle Doll'
October Afternoon 'All about me'
7 gypsies Rub ons 'Photo'
Doodlebug mini alpha rub ons
October Afternoon 'Road Map'
Petals and Possibilities scrap metal black
Ric rac
Ribbon from stash
Prima gems and pearls

The 3pm class was 'The Lollipop Guild by MJM' and there was lots of hand cutting, inking and distressing in this class that I really enjoyed. For this one I chose three photos from my trip to Scotland of me in different positions taking photos hence the title 'Life from many angles'.

Supplies:

Basic Grey Recess 'Demerit'
Sassafras lass Bungle jungle crossword grid
Junkitz 'Salsa dots'
October Afternoon 'Road map', 'School days' stickers
October Afternoon Rub ons 'Everyday Basics', 'All about me'
7 gypsies Rub ons 'Photo'
Doodlebugs alphabet
Prima alphabet
MM felt alphabet
2crafty flower chipboard from Bubblyfunk

The 7pm class was 'Dreaming of Home' by my fellow IM teamie Tracie Oakes. Loved it!! Supplies:

Cardstock
Cosmos Cricket Earth Love Repeat
Cosmo Cricket earth Love remember
Cosmo Cricket Earth Love Relive (all from Indigo Mill)
October Afternoon 'stickers
Papermania self adhesive gems
Cardstock

The 9pm challenge (which I finished at 1.30am this morning :) ) was the Wicked Witch/Good Witch layout challenge, in which we had to scrap our good and bad sides. I liked the black and white contrasting paper and then I pulled the colours from the photo for the accents.


Supplies:
Cherry Arte Poolside 'Floating'
Basic Grey Color Me Silly 'Imagine'
Prima Swirls Black
October Afternoon 'All about me' rub ons
daisyd's Rub ons 'I am frame'
Elle's Studio ' Chic Journalling Tags' and 'Chic Note Tags'
Prima alphabet
Prima Homespun bittles
Prima e line pearl crystal
Cherry Arte Poolside 'Floating'

The final challenge of the day was the 'Popular' layout challenge at 11pm (or 2am if you're running slightly behind!). This one was all about scrapping your favourite things.
Supplies:
Cardstock
CherryArte Poolside 'Sunny Days'
Ribbon from stash
Prima homespun bittles
MM shimmer alpha
Glossy accents
Basic Grey Wholy cow rub ons Black paisley border
Dymo junior
American Crafts Minimarks Kate
daisyds rub ons 'Snapshots'
October Afternoon Rub on transfers 'All about me', 'Everyday basics'
October Afternoon Word Stickers 'Farm Fresh'
October Afternoon Cardstock Stickers 'Weathervane'

No comments: