Thursday 15 September 2016

A mood board challenge

Don't you just love a mood board?!  This mood board is courtesy of Natalia on the Hey Little Magpie Challenge Weekend last weekend.  It's gorgeous isn't it?


I absolutely love birds and these colours are beautiful.

I found some fabulous paper in my stash from Webster's Pages.  It's one of those that I wish I'd bought two pieces of because I couldn't decide which side to go for but in the end I decided it had to be the yellow side with a navy bird in the bottom left hand corner.  I also love the distressed look of the paper.

My photo is layered up on top of some journalling cards from Fancy Pants, along with a doily, some tickets and some old slide mounts.  The colours of the mood board reminded me of some gorgeous flowers that I have in my stash from Prima and the birds had me reaching for my Studio Calico wood veneer birdies.
  

I tore the bottom off the layout and used a border punch to create a frilly layer beneath the yellow patterned paper.  The layout needed some contrast with some darker elements so I added some black sequins and some 7 gypsies rub ons.  And here is the final layout, 'Gorgeous Boy', which is what my mum calls my son.  This photo is taken in the bath.  The boy has a look that I know very well.  It is his tired face.  But he always loved his bath and didn't like to get out until he wanted to get out.  Luckily he was small enough for me to just lift out when I saw this look.  Unlike now!


I really enjoyed this challenge and was inspired by the mood board.  Do you create your own on pintrest?  




No comments: