Monday 25 April 2011

Scrap Factor Week 1

So the UK Scrappers Scrap Factor week 1 challenge was to use this colour palette. I'd taken some photos of Connor with the blossom outside the house that worked well so I dug out some pretty papers and got scrapping. The challenge for me with this colour palette as using the pink but I had taken some photos of Connor with the blossom outside the house at the weekend and the pinks of the blooms and the blues of his t-shirt worked I thought. I tried to bring the flowers from the photo onto the page with a mixture of flower buttons, paper flowers and some leaves and fronds. Then to boy it up a bit, I used some denim but attached it with pink staples to keep the colours flowing. I had fun using lots of different manufacturers products and my trusty old dictionary (bought from Oxfam about 3 years ago) got an outing again.

Contestants were asked not to share our layouts until the voting had closed. I was very grateful to everyone who voted and that I stayed in the competition. I'm having great fun with the challenges and trying not to let party poopers spoil that.

Voting opens for Week Two today and the competition is intense. Check out the gallery.

Supplies:
Sassafras 'Starters- Intro'
Sassafras 'Sweetly Smitten- Dainty Sketch'
Sassafras 'Count me in- elementary'
Webster's Pages 'Trendsetter- Style105'
Webster's Pages 'Trendsetter-Leaders'
Crate Paper 'Emma's Shoppe- Fabrics'
Glass flower (local bead store)
Denim
Tattered Angels 'Glimmer Mist Chalkboard- Peacock'
Crate Paper eclectic buttons 'Portrait' and 'Emma's Shoppe'
WeRMemory Keepers 'Seweasy floss- aqua' (ScrapaGoGo February kit)
Making Memories coloured staples
Silver Sewing Machine
Prima flocked alphabet
American Crafts 'Lullaby- charcoal'
American Crafts 'Delight-Watermelon'
Webster's pages 'Storytellers- nature'

No comments: