Thursday 19 March 2009

It's not a fabrication!

This week's SLYMI challenge on UKS was set by Julie Kirk (Nabview) and was to scrap with fabric. I saw some fab 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar' fabric online and that gave me the inspiration for this LO. I've recently been doing some counselling sessions looking at what causes me to go for the biscuit barrel and we've been looking at parental messages amoungst other things. This LO records what I noticed about DS eating habits and his sweet tooth!
The journalling reads'The LL counselling has forced me to analyse my eating habits and the messages that I've already passed to you. There's no doubt that you have a sweet tooth. Most mornings the first thing that you say to me is 'Want lolly!' and when you are upset or have hurt yourself, you ask for chocolate. But not for long now that I've sussed it out.'




Materials
The Very Hungry Caterpillar fabric (spots and food)
MM spiral bound journalling page
7 Gypsies journalling spot 'Notes to self'
Tim Holtz idea-ology Adage ticket 'Love'
Hobbycraft gems
Carolee's creations mini etched alpha
Fontwerks red labels
The Very Hungry Caterpillar paperback book (Charity shop)


I still need to get a couple of extra photos for it. But I was really pleased with the result. It's more cluttered than I usually like, but I think it still works just about. It took me quite some time to do :)

No comments: