Saturday 28 March 2009

A Boy and his Bike

This week's challenge on UKS was set by the Secret Stash Faeries. For the 30 team points we had to:

Use book title - 10pts
Use earth tones - 10pts
Wet/water photo or wet glue or glossy accents - 5pts
Secret journalling - 5pts

Well, I completely forgot about using glossy accents obviously (although I did use it to stick the button on- does that count do you think?) but other than that I met the criteria securing 25 points for the Scrap Sisters. Now a question for you - what would you do differently with the title to make it work better? I am not happy with the title and I've tried it else where but can't make it work. If I use the smaller alphas (like I've used for 'the story') I don't think it'll show up enough. Maybe they are too solid and I'd be better with thickers? What do you think? Thanks for your advice :)
Materials:
BG 'Granola' papers
Bazzil cardstock and bloom
Rusty Pickle 'Sassy Flourish' rub ons
Adorn it alphas

2 comments:

ScrappyDandyDoo said...

hmmmm I like the title where it is, perhaps you could but it on something?? like cut out a leafy shape to match, or a journal spot?
Do you have more of the ricrac edge? could you do something behind it with that?
Perhaps something in the grey/blue colour to pick out the tones in the bike??
It's lovely BTW :)

misteejay said...

I love the LO...not sure how to do title different - perhaps live with it for a few days and see if anything comes to mind or whether this 'grows' on you.

Toni :o)